Disaster recovery payment
A one-off payment if you are significantly affected by the disaster.
$1,000.00 per adult
$400 for each child under 16 years of age
To get the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment you must:
- be an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa
- be 16 years or older at the time of the floods or getting a social security payment
- have not already received an Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment for the Far North Queensland Floods, February 2019.
You also need to have been adversely affected by the floods. For example:
- you have been seriously injured
- you are the immediate family member of an Australian citizen or resident who died
- flood water has covered the interior floor of your principal place of residence (does not apply to investment properties or holiday homes)
- your principal place of residence has been declared structurally unsound
- sewerage has contaminated the interior of your principal place of residence
- you are the principal carer of a dependent child who has experienced any of the above.
How to apply: You have until 3 August 2019 to apply
Ring Human Services – 180 22 66
Submit documents online: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/submit-your-centrelink-documents-online