Ali completed her Bachelor of Laws degree at the Queensland University of Technology in 2006 and was also admitted to practise as a lawyer in the same year.
In 2005, Ali completed the final semester of her Law Degree in Scotland, studying at The University of Glasgow on an exchange programme. In 2007, after working as a Judge's Associate in Brisbane and qualifying as a lawyer, Ali returned to Scotland and over the next 12 months gained valuable experience working in the Legal Department at Scottish Television.
Ali returned to Townsville in 2008 and joined the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions where she enjoyed appearing regularly as an advocate before the District Court.
Ali joined the team at Connolly Suthers in 2010 and became a Senior Associate of the Firm in 2015. She practises exclusively in the area of family law including children’s matters, divorce, de facto property settlements, matrimonial settlements, child support and spousal support matters.
Ali has also completed Collaborate Law Training and has a passion for assisting families achieve an outcome in an amicable way.
- Bachelor of Laws (Queensland University of Technology)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Australian National University)
- Queensland Bar Practice Course
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Collaborative Law Professional
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Townsville District Law Association