More pages in this section
Professional Insolvency Lawyers Townsville
In these volatile times, no-one is immune to issues relating to corporate or personal insolvency. If you’re looking for experienced, qualified, and compassionate solicitors to guide you through the process of individual or corporate insolvency, look no further than Connolly Suthers.
Insolvency is a complex area of law and specialist lawyers with current experience in the area are essential if you are to receive correct and timely advice. At Connolly Suthers, our professional insolvency lawyers in Townsville regularly work with a wide range of clients affected by insolvency issues, from individuals, company directors and small businesses to insolvency practitioners and other private and public sector organisations.
Our Townsville insolvency lawyers offer expertise in all aspects of insolvency law, including:
Advice to insolvency professionals
- Taking action under the Corporations Act to recover unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions, related-party and other voidable transactions
- Advising on securities issues, in particular arising from the Personal Property Securities Act 2009
- Carrying out public examinations
- Advising on and acting in relation to "phoenix" re-structures by directors
- Advising generally on the conduct of bankruptcies, administrations, liquidations and receiverships
- Advising generally on bankruptcy, administration, liquidation, and receivership processes.
Advice to directors and shareholders
- Pre-insolvency advice to directors on rights and obligations
- Defending winding-up proceedings and advising on statutory demands
- Assisting directors, shareholders, and family members in the defence of actions brought by insolvency practitioners
- Assistance and advice on informal re-structuring arrangements.
Advice to creditors
- Acting for creditors in the winding-up and bankruptcy of debtors
- Advising secured creditors on the realisation of secured assets
- Representing creditors in creditors' meetings
- Acting for creditors in disputes with insolvency practitioners
- Acting for creditors in preference claims, uncommercial transactions and other claims made by liquidators.
If you require further assistance, please call, or email our insolvency lawyers Townsville team:
Make a Business Services, Leasing or Employment Law Enquiry
The Connolly Suthers team offer professional advice on a wide range of insolvency concerns. We provide simple and proactive advice, with personalised services at competitive rates.
As Townsville’s leading insolvency lawyers, we provide sound legal advice and counsel on liquidation, bankruptcy, and corporate insolvency. Our assistance supports individuals, corporations, liquidators, and creditors. With a long track record of success across commercial and business law, the Connolly Suthers insolvency team are able to help a diverse range of clients affected by a wide range of concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need an insolvency lawyer?
An insolvency lawyer in Townsville can assist individuals, corporations, and creditors with a wide range of services. You may need to engage the services of an insolvency solicitor for:
- Corporate insolvency
- Deeds of company arrangement
- Voluntary administration
- Restructuring and reconstitution
- Appointment of receivers and managers
- Negotiating with secured and unsecured creditors
- Debt recovery
An insolvency lawyer will be engaged in all stages of the process, from negotiating company voluntary admission arrangements, to administration, receivership, and liquidation.
What is bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is the legal process that declares a person is unable to pay their debts. All financial interests of the person are vested with their trustee in bankruptcy and the person is absolved from having to repay most outstanding debts.
What is Liquidation?
Liquidation refers to the legal process whereby a liquidator is appointed to a company for the purpose of converting its assets into cash, and using those funds to repay, as much as possible, the company’s debts. In addition to liquidation, a company may also obtain relief through other insolvency processes such as administration or receivership.
Can you provide legal advice for personal or corporate insolvency?
Absolutely. In many cases, we are approached by individuals or corporations who merely need the support of experienced solicitors to understand their position and their options before making decisions on court proceedings.
At Connolly Suthers, we understand that filing for personal or corporate insolvency can be an extremely challenging period. As such, we strive to ensure that all clients that engage our insolvency lawyers in Townsville receive prompt and sound legal advice before commencing any legal proceedings. We’re here to ensure that you’re armed with the right tools and support required to obtain a positive outcome.
How can I get in touch with Connolly Suthers?
You can get in contact with the Connolly Suthers Townsville office by calling 07 4771 5664. Located at 416 Flinders Street Townsville, Connolly Suthers also work across Mount Isa, Brisbane, Ayr, and Cairns.
Alternatively, you can submit an enquiry via email to email@example.com. The Connolly Suthers insolvency team will respond to your enquiry within one business day.
Request a consultation today.