Workplace Accident Lawyers

      If you have had an accident or your health has been affected at work, you may be able to claim compensation.

      This includes injuries occurring at work or as a result of work, as well as pre-existing injuries that are aggravated.

      If you have suffered an injury or illness at work, the first thing you must do is report it to your employer. You should also complete a WorkCover claim form and seek a medical certificate.

      Time limits apply and delays could prevent you from making a claim. Prompt expert legal advice is essential.

      If you would like to know more, or would rather speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we will be in touch with you very soon. Please note that if your injury prevents you from travelling to see us, we'll travel to see you.

      Who can make a claim?

      Employers must have compulsory Workers' Compensation insurance covering their employees.

      The Workers' Compensation scheme covers:

      • All employees
      • Some self-employed workers;
      • Those deemed to be workers (e.g. some volunteers, work experience students)

      If you are an injured Commonwealth Government employee, or an injured employee of a large national company, you can claim under the Federal Comcare scheme.

      What can I claim?

      WorkCover compensation can include wages, medical expenses and an impairment lump sum, regardless of who was at fault.

      In addition to WorkCover compensation entitlements, workers injured in unsafe workplaces can bring claims for additional sums of money for things such as:-

      • Future loss of wages
      • Future medical, rehabilitation and other expenses
      • Pain and suffering
      • Home help in some circumstances

      Are there time limits?

      Yes - there are strict time limits.

      In most cases there is a 3 year time limit from the date you were injured.  

      You should consult a lawyer immediately to protect the rights of you and your family.

      What will it cost?

      We work on a no-win no-fee basis, so you will only pay our legal fees if we win your case.

      The cost will depend on the amount of work required to resolve your claim and every claim is different. We are happy to advise you on your situation during a free consultation. Contact us now to make an appointment.

      Make a Compensation Law Enquiry

      First Name




      How can we help you?

      Request a
      Free Consultation
      416 Flinders StreetTownsville
      QLD, 4810