Skip to main content
Traffic Offences, Work Licences & Special Hardship Orders

Traffic Offences, Work Licences & Special Hardship Orders

Connolly Suthers’ criminal law knowledge and expertise extends to traffic offences, work licences, and drink driving charges. 

A drivers’ licence is a necessity for most and often something we take for granted.

Traffic offences can result in having your licence suspended, and the impacts are often felt not only by you, but also by your family, and loved ones. 

Some traffic offences can even result in a term of imprisonment.

You should contact a leading traffic lawyer Townsville expert with Connolly Suthers as soon as you are charged with a traffic offence to ensure that your interests are protected. 

By enlisting the services of Connolly Suthers, you will have peace of mind knowing that we will appear in court on your behalf and make submissions for a reduction of the penalty that any legal body may impose.

Our criminal lawyers are experienced in all areas of traffic offences, including:

  • Speeding
  • Drink driving
  • Driving while disqualified
  • Driving while unlicensed
  • Dangerous driving

We can also provide expert advice concerning demerit points, licence disqualification, vehicle impoundment, and alcohol interlock devices.

Work licences and special hardship orders

If you are charged with an offence that means that you will lose your licence, you may be eligible to apply for a restricted work licence or a special hardship order.

The court can allow you to drive for specific purposes at specific times to ensure that you do not lose your employment or to ensure that you do not suffer severe and unusual hardship as a result of losing your licence.

Connolly Suthers are the leading work licence lawyers Townsville has to offer – if required, we will ensure you have access to any resources possible to keep you driving for work.

What is the difference between applying for a special hardship order and a restricted work licence?

An application for a restricted work licence can be made when the court has dealt with a person for drink driving in an instance where their blood alcohol concentration is more than the low range limit, but less than the high range limit. If successful, you will be granted a restricted licence purely for the purpose of earning a living. 

An application for a special hardship order can be made after your licence is suspended because of a breach of good driving behaviour period or after an offence of high level speeding. You can make an application for a special hardship order not only for conditions where you require a vehicle to earn a living, but also if you will suffer severe and unusual hardship as a result of losing your licence. 

Anyone can apply for a work licence or a special hardship order, but the legislation imposes that the individual must meet specific criteria for that individual to be successful.

You must engage a lawyer to draft the necessary documents for an application for a work licence or special hardship order to ensure that you do not lose your job or suffer any hardship.

At Connolly Suthers, we have experience in applications for both work licences and special hardship orders. If you’re after the leading work license lawyers Townsville-wide, contact Connolly Suthers. 

For expert advice across criminal law matters including traffic offences, work licences & special hardship orders, or for counsel about offences related to drink driving, the Connolly Suthers criminal law team are here to help.

Make a Criminal Law Enquiry

150 Word Limit

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I Need a Lawyer for Traffic Offence?

If you go into court without the assistance of high-quality, knowledgeable legal representation, you run the risk of losing your licence altogether. Losing your licence, paying excessive fines, or imprisonment is incredibly distressing on your family, your employment, and your financial situation. Don’t make the mistake of attempting to represent yourself in court.

Ensure you have the best opportunity of success with the traffic lawyer Townsville residents trust, with Connolly Suthers.

How Much Will Work Licence Lawyers Townsville Representation Cost?

Whether you’re looking to acquire legal representation for a traffic offence, a drink driving incident, or work licence legalities, costs will vary depending on your case and the proceedings.

Costs are determined on an individual basis, made up of the numerous factors within the case. It is not necessarily possible to give an accurate figure without knowing the specific details of your case and how Connolly Suthers can help.

The best way to determine how much it will cost to engage a traffic lawyer in Townsville is by booking an appointment for a free consultation. Following a review of your situation, your Connolly Suthers lawyer will provide you with an outline of projected fees.

Where Is the Connolly Suthers Office Located?

Connolly Suthers can be found at 416 Flinders Street, Townsville.

Why Work with Connolly Suthers?

At Connolly Suthers, our team of lawyers will rigorously defend your case to protect your licence in legal proceedings. We understand that everyone is different and will tailor our services to meet the individual needs of your case and your requirements.

We’ll ensure your case is handled proficiently to ensure you get the best possible result after a traffic offence, accidental or not. We’ll use all available means to achieve your desired resolution and guide you through the complex legal puzzle, including negotiation, mediation, and litigation where necessary. For more information on how Connolly Suthers can help with your traffic, drink driving, or licence case, get in touch with our team today.

What Is the Best Way to Contact the Connolly Suthers Office?

You can call our Townsville office directly on 07 4771 5664. Alternatively, submit an email enquiry to The Connolly Suthers team will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within one business day.

Have you recently received a traffic violation? Request a free consultation today.

Need Legal Advice?
Need Legal Advice?

Request a Free Consultation

Learn More