More pages in this section
In these volatile times no-one is immune to issues arising from corporate or personal insolvency.
Insolvency is a complex area of law and specialist lawyers with current experience in the area are essential if you are to receive correct and timely advice. At Connolly Suthers our lawyers regularly work with a wide range of clients affected by insolvency issues, from individuals, company directors and small businesses to insolvency practitioners and other private and public sector organisations.
Our insolvency lawyers offer expertise in all aspects of insolvency law, including:
Advice to insolvency professionals
- Taking action under the Corporations Act to recover unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions, related-party and other voidable transactions
- Advising on securities issues, in particular arising from the Personal Property Securities Act 2009
- Carrying out public examinations
- Advising on and acting in relation to "phoenix" re-structures by directors
- Advising generally on the conduct of bankruptcies, administrations, liquidations and receiverships
Advice to directors and shareholders
- Pre-insolvency advice to directors on rights and obligations
- Defending winding-up proceedings and advising on statutory demands
- Assisting directors, shareholders and family members in the defence of actions brought by insolvency practitioners
- Assistance and advice on informal re-structuring arrangements.
Advice to creditors
- Acting for creditors in the winding-up and bankruptcy of debtors
- Advising secured creditors on the realisation of secured assets
- Representing creditors in creditors' meetings
- Acting for creditors in disputes with insolvency practitioners
- Acting for creditors in preference claims, uncommercial transactions and other claims made by liquidators.
If you require further assistance, please call or email: