Julie Bligh is a highly regarded solicitor who specializes in Family Law and Personal Injuries Law. Bringing 26 years’ experience to our team, Julie joined Connolly Suthers in May 2019.
She attended James Cook University, graduating with Honours in 1993 and was admitted as a Solicitor in 1995. Julie has repeatedly been recognised by other Solicitors in Queensland for her expertise and ability in Family Law, and is recognised by the Queensland Law Society as Accredited Specialist in Personal Injuries Law.
Julie has a combined Degree in Commerce/Law, and was for some years an Associate Lecturer in Taxation Law at James Cook University. She is aware of the complex taxation and accounting issues that can result from a relationship breakdown, particularly those that involve businesses. She looks for opportunities to assist people to restructure their affairs and move forward following relationship breakdown. Julie takes a practical, problem solving approach to her client’s legal matters. However, where Court action need to be commenced, her training in advocacy allows her to effectively represent clients in Court.
Julie’s expertise and ability have led to her being invited to serve on a number of Queensland Law Society Committees. She is a Past President of the Townsville District Law Association, and has been granted life membership for her service to the profession in Townsville.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws (Honours) James Cook University 1992
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland March 1995
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia March 2000
- Queensland Law Society Personal Injuries Law Accredited Specialist 1999
- Life Member Townsville District Law Association
- Member Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Member Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Board Member, Food Relief NQ
P 07 4729 6641
Areas of Practice
Personal Injuries Compensation Law